PRIVACY & COOKIES
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure.
So you’re clued up, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
You decide what and how you hear from us.
1. The Good Stuff
We will only use your data to up your experience.
2. Locked Down
We’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
3. Straight Talking
We’ll always talk your language and have your back – no nonsense, no surprises.
4. No Spam
You decide what and how you hear from us.
5. Just the Essentials
Your info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY:
At Mae Cassidy we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors data.
If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAVIGATING THIS PAGE:
1. How we use your information.
2. Sharing your information.
3. Marketing messages.
4. Seeing adverts for Mae Cassidy online.
5. Keeping your information.
6. Your rights.
7. Changes to how we protect your privacy.
9. How to contact us.
1. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details:
|How we use your name & contact details:||Why?|
|Deliver your purchases to you.||We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (it's hard for us to send you an order if we don't use your name and contact details!)|
|Send you service messages by text and e-mail such as order updates.||We've got to do this to perform our contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming).|
|Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services.||To keep you up to date. However we only send this if we have your permission.|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or MAE CASSIDY.|
|Showing you MAE CASSIDY adverts as you browse the web.||So you can see our latest products and deals.|
|Insights into what you and other customers like.||To ensure we are giving you what you want and to stay ahead of the competition.|
Your date of birth information:
How we use your date of birth:
|Fraud prevention and detection.||
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Mae Cassidy.
|To better understand our demographics.||Thus allows us to further develop better our products and understand are customers..|
Your Payment Details:
|How we use your payment information||Why?|
|Take payment, and give refunds.||
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you but we do not store your payment details.
Fraud prevention and detection.
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Mae Cassidy.
Your contact history with us:
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
|How we use your contact history||Why?|
|Provide customer service and support.||
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
Train our staff
|So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.|
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time.
|How we use your purchase history and saved items||Why?|
|Sell you things.||
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — if you can’t put stuff into a basket, you can’t buy it!
Provide customer service and support, and handle returns.
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
Finding out what you, and other customers, like.
To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition.
Information about your computer or phone and how you use our website.
Information you give us when you browse our site including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
|How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website||Why?|
Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency).
To give you the best possible shopping experience.
We use your IP address as part of our fraud protection process.
|Your IP address could enable us to identify your geographical location to confirm a given transaction.|
Protect our website
|To prevent and detect fraud against either you or MAE CASSIDY - and to meet legal obligations about looking after your data.|
Information from accounts you link to us.
What we do if you link your Twitter or Facebook accounts to us.
How we use information from accounts you link to us:
To enable you to log into our website simply and easily without having to create a specific account
To make it easier for you to use Mae Cassidy and purchase those items you want!
To provide product recommendations
So you can quickly spot things which take your fancy.
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
|How we use your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions||Why?|
Run the survey, competition or promotion.
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possibly win!
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
2. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the Mae Cassidy group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones).
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us).
3. MARKETING MESSAGES.
As long as you have given us your approval, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
- By contacting email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please remember opting out of marketing messages will not stop our communication with you if you have bought an insurance policy with us as we will need to keep you informed of any contractual and cover changes and give you the ability to cancel change amend and renew your policy.
Please note that, as Mae Cassidy comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
4. SEEING ADVERTS FOR MAE CASSIDY.COM ONLINE.
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Mae Cassidy banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Mae Cassidy (for example, your Mae Cassidy search history, and the content you read on Mae Cassidy) or on Mae Cassidy banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
5. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION.
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
6. YOUR RIGHTS.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please don’t hesitate email us at email@example.com or write to us at 27 Pewley Hill, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3SN.
7. CHANGES TO HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY.
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Mae Cassidy website or other Mae Cassidy services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Mae Cassidy.
- (1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to basket”
- (2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your online
- (3) Customer preference cookies - when you are browsing or shopping on ASOS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- (4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information.
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
27 Pewley Hill
Last Update: 22/05/18